Saturday, March 6, 2010

Some was had.

I'm sitting in my hotel room here in Salt Lake City after a day of travel attempting to remember all those things I wanted to remember for my blog. I am currently unwilling to turn off the TV so i can hear myself, so this is tough. Eh, here it goes.

We got to try and kill each other! I remember that. We had a 5 hour ride, the last long ride of camp, and there was quite a bit of half wheeling taking place on the front (more than normal, at least more obvious this time) and quite a few fellas "marking their territory" or at least trying to via riding a bike at annoying pace. SO, after much playful conversation covering up the thought "whens this guy going to knock it off, this is annoying," the captains called an 8 mile throw down. Not rapper style, bike racer style (that's an 8-mile reference, its a movie, about rapping.... eminem?). So we stopped, at too many sandwiches, and got after it. No one knew where the finish line was, so it turned into a "who can attack more" competition that actually kind of turned into an alright team TT. I think jonny won the attack battle, but our ride leader (knowing where the finish line actually was) calmly rolled across the line on the front and won the day. Nice work christian.

Lets see, other stories... well before i forget theres this: Cycling News Article on team camp. Great write up. Have a look.

What else... picture time? Go:

Nemesis. Thats a picture of the jerk (dryer) that, knowing FULL WELL that it was busted, watched me silently as i put the majority of my laundry that would spend the next week in a box. When i threw the load into the dryer, and paid it for its services, AND pushed the button which started the dryer, i knew not that 45 minutes later i would return to a cold, wet, pile of laundry. Fool me once....

Naturally, I placed another dollar in the machine, pressed the button, came back 45 minutes later..... idiot. To keep the theme of dumb and dumber quotes from the week, "and you TOTALLY REDEEMED YOURSELF!" Behold, the hotel-sized dryer I found in frustration:

Boom. It was free too. This, among a few other key things, prevented me from making it to USPS to ship my bike and clothes back to Tucson. Let me tell you this. UPS Ground = more of a thief than that stupid dryer pictured above. Ew. OH well, times like this call for bottles like the following:
Apparently the oldest living brewery in America? Tastes good, test of time is normally pretty good at judging.

Camp was busy, so I am way behind on pretty much everything that isnt bike camp oriented. Our team is incredible. I cannot wait to race this year, we really are going to surprise people, and I cant wait to see what these guys are capable of with Frankie's leadership and Chad T's constant passion for this team. Its infectious and set a great air around camp all week. I am going to slack a bit here and call this edition off here, but no worries, there will be tons of updates and pictures all year. Its really going to be exciting to follow this team, and I will help you do it.

Thank you too all our sponsors that brought this team together!

ps, some was definitely got.

1 comment:

  1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLM9RYNN4x8
    Check this out, I think this will help you! If that doesn't work youtube back in the day: robbie ventura gives a free lesson on laundry.
    Good luck this year.

    Jeramey

    ReplyDelete