Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Race Picture!

Well, the season hasn't really officially started until you can find one of these on the Internet:

So that's me. And behind me is Evan, who I have found to be a great guy to ride with down here in Tucson, riding for the Bahati Foundation Pro Cycling Team this year (also a new guy to the pro ranks).


As for answering the question "What have you been up too?" i guess i could do a list:


1. Lost my camera, then found my camera


2. Switched my car insurance to save about 200 bucks next year thanks to being a member of USA Cycling. This also made me feel like a man.


3. Computer started to make funny noises, i have done nothing but squeeze it where the noise comes from until it stops, seems to be working quite well.


4. Finished Omnivore's Dilemma. Currently wanting to have real sit-down dinners for the rest of my life. Current books: Harry Potter 6, American Pastoral, and Racing Weight. I like to keep good variety.


5. Started doing LT efforts, and therefore started doing Yoga to make my legs feel better.

6. Listening to radio milwaukee live stream


So that's a good quick list of the things I have been up to. I've been reading a bit about achieving my racing weight, and despite it being my lest favorite part of training, knowing how to control your body composition can be a powerful training tool in peaking for your target races. I had a short bout with what can happen when you lose too much weight too quickly and get dehydrated, and your body does some interesting things in response to not getting what it wants. When you think about it, your body is pretty temperamental sometimes (then again, nowhere near as temperamental as cyclists). You have to do alot of experimenting to find out the kinds of things that make you happy and the things that get you a night on the couch, figuratively speaking.

Today it rained, it winded, and it cold-ed. So that happened. I dont really want to talk about it, but the pool being cranked to full heat was a welcome homecoming after a long slog.

Theres a race this weekend in phoenix, i think were going to give it a go. We will see, i will talk to you all then most likely.

1 comment:

  1. Sweet PIcture, maybe I will make some road trips this summer to see some race and colleges in the mean time!!! (One of the better spontaneous ideas i've had in a while) Awesome new gloves in the Pic, by the way. And its great to see those sun-glasses getting some wear on somewhere other then your back!

    ReplyDelete