Friday, February 12, 2010

Quick VOS Update

Time trial today. It gave us all a chance to see where our fitness is at here in Feb, and get some really great TT race scenario practice in. I concentrated on feeling good and enjoying the fact that I finally get to race my bike, had a great warm up, and consequently a pretty good ride in the TT. It was a little bit slower than I had hoped, but then again, when isnt it? I came in 13th with a time of 30:53, while chad, stefano, and johnny were all close behind. Chad gets honorable mention for the day, rocking a single-speed track bike for the TT, which required a combined mathematical effort this morning to pick a gear. I think he was happy.

We discussed the next two days over dinner and we all seem pretty excited to finally race a bike. Tomorrow is the road race which starts at 11:30am, I will be sure to let you know how it goes.

Also, a fellow Wisconsinite and family friend is competing in the Olympics in short track speed skating (the 500m individual, and 3000m relay) tomorrow, be sure to root for Kenda p/b GearGrinder AND Alyson Dudek tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment