Monday, January 4, 2010

Kicking off the New Year

Happy new year! Your power tap is busted.

Oye. Thats just no way to start off the new year, although it is my first test in my new year's resolution to be more patient in all things. I had to be very patient with the service rep at saris when he informed me, very nicely i might add, that even know a hub flange is "technically" a mechanical part, the lifetime warranty to anything not electronic that the company boasts does not apply to power tap hubs. Patience. Its a virtue. Deep breaths.

Oh well, i am not going to let that erase the good mood i was in after christmas with the families (my immediate, extended wards, extended stempers, annie's immediate, annie's extended). I had a LOT of christmases and i loved them all. There is something about wisconsin, i swear, maybe its the fact that it is just so cold outside, but winter is a very warm time there. Christmas lights, family all together, noone has to go to work. Beautiful.

I began to train with TrainingPeaks.com to feed my obsession with numbers and organization. I am trying to learn how to eat in relation to my ride energy expenditure, and its proven to be extreemly helpful. Its also pointed out to me the obvious: if you ride alot, you eat alot. (i do not care that its spelt "a lot" in fact, i think alot should be in the dictionary) It was a bit rough starting back up again after all the pies and pot-luck style eating so condusive to seconds, thirds, fourths, and then volunteering to do the dishes so you can polish off the rest of the meat without being judged. I consider myself similar to tupperware, i am a great place to put your leftovers. So far my training is in place with my goals for the year, and things are shaping up just like the weather down here in tucson: nicely. I got a camera for christmas too which is beautiful and long awaited, so i can show you things like this:



Thats Mt. Lemmon as seen from my window. Takes anywhere from 30 to 45 minutes to get there depending on your motivation at 10am after leaving only because the coffee was gone and you were too lazy to make more. "eh well, might as well go ride a bike." If you look closely, you can see the road cut down on the lower right of the mountian, getting higher from left to right. If you can see that, its about 4 miles of road that you can see right there, just to give you an idea of the scale.

Whelp, thats about that for now. I am currently occupying my free time with:

- My new subscription to nexflix (most recently i watched the documentary "Helvetica" and was inspired to change the font of my entire blog from the movie, yes, its about type faces)

- Starting a long list of books my cousin james gave me (currently the great gatsby, because the first time through was a bit lacking in my effort department)

- Wishing there were more than just 2 books left in the harry potter series.

- Selling pretty much everything i own. So if you want a cycleops fluid 2 trainer, im selling it. Let me know before i ebay it. Also selling all my old biking clothes, some i would reccomend, some i would reccomend you pass on and let someone else buy :)

- Making real almond milk. Just because i can.

I hope you all enjoyed the holiday season and are looking forward to a great new year and new decade. I can wait to see what kind of adolesence we can come up with in our early teens.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment