Friday, July 25, 2014

China Day 4 (Stage 1): Butts and Hotel Rooms COMMENCE

Day 4: Stage 1
Today was the first stage of the race, but since I am taking things easy, it was pretty uneventful. I am not feeling entirely inspired to write today, so here is the review:

Our mechanic Will stole my phone and took a selfie:

I guess that’s what I get.

I took a few videos on the way in to Xining today to try and convey the Inception-esque buildings, and also capture a bit of what its like to have a ton of people watching your every move, including changing into biker shorts. Like these dudes way up in a building nobody will ever use:


Heres video 1 of us rolling through town, there are so many more groups of buildings like the ones you see here, its so strange!


This last one is more of the same:


That was that. There must have been 50,000 or more people watching the race on course today, 17 kilometer circuit, lined with people the whole way. Heck, it might have been the entire population of Xining!

I have decided to end these blogs with the various rice recipies that I am having. Today we have:
1.       Breakfast of honey rice
2.       Lunch of BBQ Bacon Bits Rice
3.       Dinner of Chipotle Maple Syrup Rice (crowd favorite)


Oh yes. Time to catch some zzzzz’s on my cinder block bed and my pillow filled with very small rocks.

2 comments: