Sunday, April 27, 2014

Wise Rabbits and Trainer Rage

I have not made an appearance back here in the world of blog mainly because I have been heeding the advice of an imaginary bunny:
Well said, Thumper.

It's true, I have not had many nice things to say, which is great for emails titled "Crush Faces" to your teammates who are racing Joe Martin Stage Race, but not spectacular for, well, anything else. It's safe to say I am angry that I was part of a totally preventable incident which resulted in nobody's despair but mine (and anybody who has had the pleasure of talking to me during the past few weeks). Its Stupid. Its Unfair. Im Pissed off. But like so many things, I can only focus on things that I can control, so there has been a fair amount of me looking like the dude on the right over the past few weeks.

I picked an interesting time to have a car run my bike over, my parents and girlfriend were headed out to California to watch me race Sea Otter, so instead, we decided that we would make the best of the situation and go to Yosemite, Big Sur, and Monterrey.

Ahhhhhhh yes. Yosemite.
Giant Sequoia 
I think I had a premonition in the toy store that I would need some kind of mascot for the rest of my season, which was going to have a considerably greater amount of indoor riding than I had originally planned. I found it:

Destroyer of Trainers
I talked to some guys about when they were able to ride after getting collar bone surgery, and most of them said within a few days to a week, to which I say "wow, lucky you" because that was not the case for me, maybe this has something to do with it?

My sister mentioned losing her hairbrush...
It took me 10 days to get back on the trainer, and I am on my 15th day riding the trainer since starting back again. The doctor would like to see me wait longer, however I am finally starting to be of good body and mind, and looking forward to getting back on the road focused on my original goal of winning races and taking the next step in cycling. 

I can kind of sum it up according to my seat at the brewer game the other night. I had great seats, the brewers are the best team in baseball, they were about to crush the cubs, I had a $5 water and a $10 BBQ sandwich with coleslaw and a pickle when this happened:
At least he doesn't have a big hair-do, right?
I had everything in order, ready to have a great season, and then some big dude went ahead and plopped down in my way. Initially, I was really mad (mainly because the camouflage seemed to be a wholly ironic taunting of the situation), but I could still see the pitcher and the catcher, there was a jumbo-tron, he didnt slap my sandwich out of my hand, and I was still at a Brewer game (a rare treat). So I went on a walk, bought some of those smelly nuts (couldnt resist), and had a great time despite my bad luck. That's pretty much where I'm at, its going to be a much more difficult road to success than I planned this year, but I'm still going to give it everything I've got instead of sitting there hating the situation (which I've done my fair share of this month), because that's the only way this year is going to be a good one for me. 

So, if anyone wants to watch hockey on mute, blast music, and crush intervals, you'll know where to find me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment